Monday 4 March 2013

Lee Stafford Hair Growth Treatment

So...

As promised I am doing a Lee Stafford hair growth treatment review.
I have been using these products since December but got 2 inches cut off my hair at the beginning of February. 

I am going to begin with the Lee Stafford shampoo and conditioner.

The Product

I bought the above bottles at the beginning of February, the shampoo was my second bottle since December which I feel is good value for money at £6.99 each. The Shampoo and Conditioner promise the following: "A protein based complex to fertilise your follicles, creating a healthy environment on the scalp to help hair grow faster and reach its maximum potential length". So pretty much it promises to create a healthy environment for your hair to grow at a better rate! 

What I think about these products

The Shampoo: 

As I said above I have been using the shampoo since December 2012 and as soon as I began using this product I seen a dramatic change in my hair. It felt fuller, healthier and even though my hair was black I was suffering breakage and when I began using this product that stopped - get in! This product smells amazing, like you have spent a day in the hairdressers getting pampered. I began only using the shampoo just as I graduated from college. Before and after photo: 

Left: November 26th 2012 Right: January 28th 2013. 

My hair on the left was just below collar bone length and after using the shampoo for two months it shot down to boob length! Some people say the shampoo is not worth the money - I have adequate proof to disagree. 


Leave in Treatment




I only began using the leave in treatment at the beginning of February so I do not feel I can give a "growth review" on this product but this product certainly adds shine and softness to my hair.
This product exclaims "if the earths not nourished you'll never grow beautiful flowers". The growth treatment advices you to use in between the shampoo and conditioner - which I do - use an egg shaped amount (WHAT?) and to leave in for a minimum of 5 minutes. 

A lot of reviews have commented to the vagueness of the next comment: "Keep using this treatment every wash until the condition improves - then use once a week" I actually LOVE this comment! Lee is pretty much saying, Use three times in one week then once every other week if you want or every wash for 20 weeks if thats what you need! He is not forcing the product down your throat which a lot of products do. I have been using this every wash for the past four weeks and I am now on my second tub - I have seen improvements in my hair but I just LOVE this product so much. 


 As I have my hair dip dyed it can be rather dry at the ends but this product locks in the moisture. My best friend, Katie, who also has dip dye was complimenting me on my hair when she remarked "omg how can your ends be so soft?!" I had already told her how much I loved the Lee Stafford growth shampoo and told her all about the leave in treatment! 

How I use these products: 

Shampoo

I apply the shampoo generously to the roots of my hair and take it half way down my hair - not touching my bleached ends. I massage the shampoo into my roots - many people say they do not put the shampoo on their roots but it is a growth shampoo...your hair grows from the roots.
I also do not apply shampoo to my ends as I feel shampoo dries my ends out. 

Conditioner

I apply the conditioner generously from the roots to my ends, ensuring I massage the product into my roots. I leave for a few minutes and wash out. 

Leave in Conditioner

The leave in conditioner says "leave in for 5 minutes" I have never left it in for 5 minutes. The least amount of time I have ever left this product in is 2 hours. I Make sure I go home, have a shower and have a free night - twice a week- to leave the conditioner in 2-5 hours. You can leave it in longer or all night if you wish! I have no idea what affect this will have, if any, but I will let you all know the outcome!

So all in all my lovely lock lovers I would definitely recommend all of the above products - although I am not sure if I need the normal conditioner and may swap this for one of Lee's other products. 








3 comments: